Wednesday, February 10, 2016

the intentional home



"Classic, Timeless fine art and home furnishings for the intentional home."




What is an intentional home?

To me, it is a home that is built on a solid foundation ( proverbially and actually speaking)  and a home where the people are intentional about what goes on in there. There are two facets to the word the Lord spoke to me this morning, almost 4 years to the day since I did my first painting...He said " Melissa, you are here redeemed because of the blood of Jesus that forgave your sin, and you were intentional about applying my word to your life.' 

So I got to thinking about my love of home decor and art. I just love the home. We move every 2 to 3 years being a military family and so home is relative. Home is God, but there is a physical place where I love my husband and train up our kids and where we try to honor the Lord. 


I want my art and decor to feel everlasting. Just like the love of God. I want it to be something special and unique and done intentionally. I have felt a pull lately to move out of the "decor" business spread wide and thin and pull it all in, building a collection of things that represent classic, timeless pieces that you wont just have for a season. Things that will be forever cherished like fine art and handed down for generations, and items that are made ethically of high quality materials that make you feel like you are in a safe, happy place, in such a discouraging world. 


I attribute certain pieces of mine to spiritual ideas and scripture fulfillment such as fruit. I love to paint the fruit trees and fields and vast spaces to remind me of the harvest coming that God promises and how important it is to plant the seeds.  I love to paint the sailboats to remind me of Peter and Jesus and how God calls us out of the boat and into being fishers of men. I love to paint the boats peacefully docked to remind my soul that the best place to be is resting and anchored in him...

I also have a desire to work with smaller (and larger stores) on a more personal level and I am not really sure how that looks right now but I know that my joy comes from relationships with people and I haven't had that fulfillment the past few years. I like feeling personally connected and I believe really good things happen with the right partnerships, so I will wait and see what is in store! 


I want our story and testimony to be a part of every pillow and dish and tea towel. I want you to understand that all of that led to all of this. When you buy a piece of original art, I want you to look at it and feel the love God has for sinners and how much he can do in people with surrender and obedience to his word. 

I want it to all be intentional. 


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment