Saturday, August 1, 2015

for the record...







For the record, this guy met me and I was a cute, blond, intoxicated , life of the party and then shortly after moving across the country to shack up in our crappy apartment I became very ill. I spent 2 years in bed. Sick and depressed. He went to work and paid for most everything and STAYED. We fought we hated each other but he stayed. I used to hate his light hearted humorous approach to everything, he really takes nothing seriously. I don't get much sympathy from him but NOW this has become my greatest gift. I thought the more I focused on my pain and sickness the better we would all be but he NEVER LETS ME. HE always makes me laugh and takes the focus off of it and that used to make me think he didn't care. But now I know its because he does. I tend to sit and comfort people in their pain and be empathetic and sympathetic and that's not him. And I can see now how in marriage if we were both people who could sit in pain and feel deeply...we probably wouldn't ever get out of bed, ever. ;) Marriage is sanctifying illness is sanctifying and I'm ready to be healed and share the good news!


Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment