Friday, July 31, 2015

the least of these...





Stopped on the busy road to pray with this homeless family. I do it so often now I don't even want to hear the story. I just want to pray. As I pray, I ask for them to be forgiven for things they don't want to tell me and I trust the Holy Spirit to do his job. All I can do is meet a need with food or gas or water and pray. I ask God to show up and give mercy to all of us. We all fall short and we all need Jesus. And I ask for needs to be met... today with this dad I thanked God that we woke up and we are here and he has just as much as I do because he has Jesus. What a thought. I thank Him for giving us all peace in our storms. Can I tell you something? The dad loved Jesus and gave more honor to the Lord than the people in church did on Sunday. This is why I love those beatitudes! Blessed are the poor in spirit for theirs is the kingdom! His name is Ryan and this is his son Dylan.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment