Monday, September 30, 2013

anatomical heart tattoo



 
The posture of a victim-heart not upright. It's bent, twisted and malfunctioned. It is often demanding of repayment and retribution from God and others. It has well formed cases against life and at the centre of these cases is its isolated self.
 
It has little capacity to truly love others because it is so well guarded by pride and shame that the love of God and others struggles to infiltrate it's ...stronghold. The victim-heart is small and ever decreasing.
 
On the other hand, the posture of the broken-heart is upright and a conduit for the love of God to others. It has the capacity to bear the other's burdens because it has learnt to be courageous through daring vulnerability and by being accountable for it's own actions and responses to life. It lets others in and is very comfortable with mess and brokenness.
 
It is actively relinquishing and working through the demands and cases it has on God, self, others and life. It has an ever increasing capacity to carry other's burdens and therefore fulfill the law of Christ. The broken heart is large and ever increasing.
 
* With Christ dwelling in us, with His Spirit as a deposit in our hearts, we all have the capacity and responsibility to live in this gloriously defined brokenness of heart and within the paradox of being a new creation yet broken at the same time. (Ps 51:17, Gal 6:2) ~ Dave



I saw this last night on facebook and just knew I needed to share it. I have had this tattoo for about 5 years now I think? I got it coming out of what was one of the most horrific times in my life and my heart was broken. It was broken by those around me, my own sin, and my disconnect with God. I was not following or serving or listening to Him at all but I had a knowledge that God would not waste any of my pain. I just knew this tattoo would not be one I would regret. For me it represents my broken heart and my healing. At the last minute I had the artist add a broken part patched up with stitches. I knew that God would heal me...but I would always carry pain around with me. But I struggle so hard to explain this concept to people who ask about it...

the pain that I have felt, the pain I feel, is beautiful. It allows me to feel your pain. My pain and sorrow allows me to sit with you in yours. And honestly, that is the most beautiful thing in the world to me. And the wings? I feel as if the only way my heart survives, lives...is by being carried everyday by our Father in Heaven. It represents how I need to be carried.

It represents how I need Him.
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment