Wednesday, August 28, 2013

salt and light

 
 
 
“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot.
 
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.  Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven."
 
Matthew 5
 
Dear Grace,
 
I took you to your first day of school the other day. Of course I made sure to capture the precious moments of watching you navigate your new life... I have spent the past few years fighting this moment. I have felt guilt over not homeschooling you and felt a lot of pressure. I also didn't want to let you go. I just don't want to let you go. I want to keep you here forever.  But God released me from all of that and now I feel at peace.
 
 I want nothing to hurt you, I want no one to say mean things to you. I want nothing bad to ever happen to you but I realize I cant make that happen. Its going to happen. Your going to face that stuff your whole life and I pray that each and every time it does it points you to Jesus. That you learn to love and forgive.
 
Your daddy and I had to make a choice about where you would go for school this year and I wanted to make sure you knew that God told me he was with you. I was in the parking lot of one school and he told me that wherever we chose to send you, he was there and he would protect you.
 
God also told mommy that you were going to be the salt and light.
 
I have been stuck in the book of Matthew this year kiddo and I really believe that you have a big calling in this world. The reason I know this is because I see your light shining everywhere I go and you leave it behind for people who need it. I want you to know that the most important thing you can ever do in this world is to let your light shine bright for Jesus. Its not about your grades or the clothes you wear, its about how you love people.
 
I am praying hard for a good year for you kiddo. Although I feel so empty here without you these days I am so excited to see you grow up.
 
I miss you more than words can tell.
 
Be the salt. Be the light.
 
Mommy
 
 
 
 







Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment