Friday, March 1, 2013

Mercy Ships, The Africa Mercy


   at least 10% of my sales for March will go to Mercy Ships.



A dream that began 30 years ago in a young man’s heart has become reality—a big, white, state-of-the-art hospital ship that delivers hope and healing to people around the globe living in dire circumstances.


"Mercy Ships brings hope and healing to the forgotten poor by mobilizing people and resources worldwide, and serving all people without regard for race, gender, or religion.
We have found a powerful way to share our blessings and our hope is that you will do the same."

 


I didn't even have to research and find this one. It was laid gently into my lap. Here's the reason that I wish I would have been a doctor and could jump right onto this ship and get to work...

I have struggled with my own skin disease and dental health and know what its like to need something seemingly so small...but its so big when your in it. I don't have cancer, I don't have life threatening heart disease, but I have suffered with some of the disease that these people do. Just everyday things that can cause real trouble and even death if they are not treated. And I live in a land where I can walk into my dentist office with a serious toothache, get a root canal and get fitted for a mouth guard to protect my jaw from further damage and move on with my day. I can even open up a credit card to pay for all these horrible and painful issues. Its just there. Its in reach even if I cant afford it, I can still get it and pay for it later.

I have felt the personal isolation and shame because of my skin disease and felt literaly cut off from the world, like I didnt belong. I know what its like to feel like there is no hope.

These people. Just read their stories. Huge damaging tumors that are tooth enamel that wont stop growing and they leave them in danger of not breathing. They are cleft palates. Eye and vision issues. Did you know that some of these people are brought on board this ship blind and then leave being able to see after decades? Now if that isn't the true love of Jesus Christ and his healing, I don't know what is anymore. I once was blind...

I am going to leave you here with the video that aired on 60 minutes... I would encourage you to watch it. Its about 12 minutes long, grab a cup of coffee...and just watch what people are doing in this world. seriously! This is what some people are doing. What can we do? What can I do? I'm not a doctor. I'm not a nurse.

I am a painter. I can paint.

watch the video, leave me a comment. tell me something. what do you feel when you see whats going on in the world, when you actually see it? tell me how awesome this is. or just tell me that you will be praying for these people. or just say a simple thank you to the people who, very willingly and eagerly I might say, hop on board and dont ever get off. Your comment here will enter you into my $100 credit to my shop giveaway which I will announce monday Feb 4th! You have until midnight March 3rd to enter!!





Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. This would be such an amazing experience! I would love to go on this ship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great cause. I wish I could deploy with them and help.. Your such a great person for helping out with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is incredible, what an awesome cause!

    ReplyDelete