Monday, February 4, 2013

how He loves us...the book of Job


 
I have made it through the book of Job.
 
 
I had no idea that so much would be revealed to me through this story. And my favorite part is always going to be that Job was restored. There has been a  big part of me that has been running through life trying to dodge more suffering. And if Im not running then I am stopped dead in my tracks, feet stuck in the mud...paralyzed with fear of what lies ahead. And either part of me has seen the goodness of the Lord and has no other choice then to grab ahold of his mighty hand and walk, slow. There is just no other choice for me. If he loves me, who can be against me? If he loves me, what weapon formed against me will prosper?
 
From the very start of my own personal suffering in life I thought it was my destiny to suffer. I thought surly my afflictions and chains would be my destiny...but through all of this, some of my prayers were not answered. But he heard my cries. He saw my pain....and instead decided to take me on a journey, a faithful journey of learning how much he really does love me and I would emerge from my own afflictions not loving him for what he does, but for who he is.
 
A God who is present. A God who has a purpose in all he allows his children to suffer through. My God its beautiful. And what do I learn from Job? I learn that there is so much we don't know, and we need to be ok with that. I am not the God of my own life and honestly I would rather walk with my God through suffering than be alone in anything.
 
 
Satan would have us believe that God is not love because he allows his children to suffer. Jobs three friends would have you believe that it is because of our own sin that suffer. But our heavenly father shows us that it is the blood of his son Jesus Christ that washes us clean and redeems us to him, and his love is so deep, so wide that we will never know how far it reaches...and I have tasted that love and have clothed myself in it from the moment I accepted it.
 
 
If you are walking through suffering right now, call out to him. Ask him to show you his love. How far, how deep. And there is redemption for whatever it is that you are walking through, on this side or the other. I remember a few months ago, I had a return of my skin disease, the one I had surgery for. I had made it 8 months without any signs of it. I just knew that it wasn't over because I hadn't put my trust in God to be my healer. I thought for sure it was gone because I had it surgically removed but one day things felt different. The pain was back and I could feel the stirring and just knew it was making a comeback. I was standing in the hallway and I stopped and just looked to the heavens and said in my heart that if it would return, I would not curse God. I would not be angry, I was thankful for the 8 months I had and if it came back for sure it would be then I would finally out of desperation, understand that my only healing is the cleansing blood of Jesus Christ.
 
What a precious gift the book of Job has been to me. His testing, his faith and his relationship with father God is changing my broken and worn out heart. Gods love, his unfailing love, is taking all the pieces of this jumbled up story, full of heartache and emptiness, and turning it into a beautiful story, for his glory.  
 
He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realize just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us, oh,
Oh, how He loves us,
How He loves us all

He is jealous for me,
Loves like a hurricane, I am a tree,
Bending beneath the weight of His wind and mercy.
When all of a sudden,
I am unaware of these afflictions eclipsed by glory,
And I realise just how beautiful You are,
And how great Your affections are for me.

And oh, how He loves us, oh,
Oh, how He loves us,
How He loves us all

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.

And we are His portion and He is our prize,
Drawn to redemption by the grace in His eyes,
If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking.
So Heaven meets earth like an unforeseen kiss,
And my heart turns violently inside of my chest,
I don't have time to maintain these regrets,
When I think about the way...

He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.
Yeah, He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us,
Oh, how He loves.

Yeah, He loves us,
Oh, how He loves us...
Oh, how He loves us...
Oh, how He loves us.
 
 
 
 

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment