Thursday, February 14, 2013

his love...


 
 
To my husband on this love day, who requires no admiration or praise during the year...I felt it pulling at my heart to outwardly express to the world how your quiet, persevering love has been the kind of love that has shown me the very face of Jesus...
 
 

you have gone to war for me.

you have forgiven me.

you have loved me when I was so unlovable.

you have required nothing of me.

you have said, stay....

you have let me walk in freedom while Jesus gutted out the wretched parts of my heart...

you have given me peace.

you have given me security.

you have provided for me.

you have given me our babies.

you have stood by me, watched me make mistakes and let the Lord speak first.

You have shown me what Jesus looks like.


Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.


If this is love, you are love.



Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Mel you have a beautiful heart. I love when you write. :)

    ReplyDelete